Friday, December 24, 2010

09. Getting a Sliver for my IPPT

To many IPPT is a torture, to me it is the same. Worst, I have to do my RT first before I can take my IPPT because I didn’t pass my IPPT last year.

2 days a week, one weekday and 1 weekend, 3 hours per sessions. I remember I was joined by many who are like me, that needed to attend to this RT. We walked about the same pace as we approached the camp, slowly, unmotivated and never mind the long queue; but once the session ends and it’s time to go home, everybody instantly turned into cheetah, aiming for the gate in the speed of light, filled with energy and motivation.


I have to psycho myself that “since I am here as well make good use of it to do some exercise” to shed off some fats and with that in mind, I tried my very best to do whatever we are required to do. It was torture but the after feeling was great; it was like being happy that I have actually gone through it.


Finally the day came for me or us to take our test is here. With only one thing in mind and that is not to fail and come back for my second phase RT, I am all in to pass. However what surprise me was that not only I passed but I got a silver, which means I got a $100 extra.

These are my results :

Sit up - 35 5 pts
Broad Jump - 198cm 2 pts
Chin Up - 5 3 pts
Shuttle Run - 10.4s 5 pts 2.4 km Run - 12.53mins 2 pts

It was really satisfying but as I write this, memories of the RT came flowing in my mind, the sweats, the pain, the time, the sadden heart and worst of all, it’s another new year another IPPT. Sigh…..

The sweats and pain was not motivating at all, but what is most motivating is the satisfying feeling after I went through it. And above that, what I sees as impossible, I did it and with better results than I expected. A little hardworks and mindset does make things happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment