Saturday, December 25, 2010

08. Being a wedding coordinator

Being a wedding coordinator is nothing new to me. I have in total do 5 times as a wedding coordinator, and countless as a brothers. What is so fun about doing a wedding coordinator is working with different wedding couples and the banquet manager and the unexpected events that you need to look into and resolve on behalf of the wedding family and couple.


Congratulation to Gavin and Diana. It was my pleasure being your wedding coordinator and my joy being invited by you to be one.

It was a memorable event, the morning was not too rush and the traffics were not too bad. From Seng Kang to Jurong, then back to Seng Kang and then Jurong, the distance was a bit far but it’s ok since I’m not the driver. The gate crashing was really an eye opener for me because it was really “gate crashing” or rather “window crashing”. We actually pushed the bridegroom through the window in order to get past the sisters of the bride. It was my first time seeing this as usually the sisters will open the gate sooner or later but it was fun.


Evening time arrived and I was busy liaising with the banquet manager, ensuring things were in place, manpower was there in their proper place and countering all unexpected issues. I am glad I had supportive brothers and sisters to assist me.

We have lots of fun and finally when the dinner ended, the brothers and sisters with the bride and groom stayed back and have our share of fun and beer.

Being a wedding coordinator can be tiring but you have to admit is fun and satisfying especially the part when I stand at the other side of the door with the couple while waiting to have their first march in to the banquet. At that point of time, the only thoughts I have is “please don’t trip over” and of course at that sight when I see the couple it was a very happy and touching moment.

It is always a happy occasion to go to wedding dinner and what’s more I consider a blessing when I am part of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment