Tuesday, December 28, 2010

06. White Events

This year I received two sad news of passing away cases. One was my bro in law’s father and the other my friend’s doggy.

I guessed nobody like to receive such news but I guessed is part and puzzle of life. Death incidents does affect me quite a bit especially closer one. I was never that close to both my bro in law’s father and my friend’s doggy but it still sadden me to see my brother in law and friends so sad. It always makes me think about my parents, after all, my dad is 80 plus years old and my mum 70 plus.

What make it sadder was that both did not die of natural death. My brother in law’s dad died of cancer and it reminded me of my father who got throat cancer a few years back and got operate on it. What we hoped for is that the cancerous cells will not return. As for my friend’s doggy, he was put to sleep as the vet advice so. I am no die hard dog lover, but is still sad that he has to put to sleep and imagine the painful decision a owner has to make to do so.

It make sound bad, but I believe my sister and I are somehow prepared for the passing on of my parents that at a stage we even went and discussed with my mum on where to place their ashes after they passed on and sad to say, even the ashes “property” are so high. One good location can cost about $10,000.

I just hope that there are no more news of "white events" from people I know for the coming 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment