Sunday, August 22, 2010

Birthday theme ..... Eat Non Stop

Wah…..it’s my 100th posting, not a lot if you put into consideration that this blog has been around for a few years.

Last week, I got a chance to celebrate my friend’s birthday by eating non stop the whole day. We started having late lunch about 2 plus at Old Hong Kong Café at Katong Village, then off to Burger King at Parkway Parade for a drink because Old Hong Kong Café’s sour plum tasted funnnnny. Then off to Copthorne King Hotel for a Penang Buffet dinner and after that off to Robertson Quay for a drink.

How not to get fat right?



Food at Old Hong Kong Café wasn’t much of a scream especially that Sour Plum Drink which smell a bit burnt; the only thing likable was the beef with bitter gourd rice and the rest was just average. Despite the constant commercial running on T.V, seriously I think I will give it a miss unless my friends want to chill out there.


See that porridge, it's tasteless, but the rice with beef and bitter gourd is nice

This is my second time to Copthorne King Hotel for their Penang Buffet. I remembered clearly I enjoyed much more the first time compare to now.






The favorite is still the Pig Stomach Soup, nicely done and yes, I had 3 bowls.

The Penang Laska and Prawn Mee, and seriously I enjoyed them the first time I came which was like 2 or 3 years back. Just look at that layer of oil.


Dessert in the Nonya style

And of course, what is better than a cold beer on a hot evening outdoor watching soccer though watching soccer was secondary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment