Monday, June 27, 2011

Memory Lane

I still remember clearly when I was still a little angel back then, my mum use to tell me stories about 十八层地狱 (18th levels of hells); how if we did bad things we will end up suffering in hell. And to strongly empathize on that, she would bring us to the famous “虎豹别墅” (Har Paw Villa) to show us the lively sculptures that craft out each level of hell.

The signage at the entrance of Haw Par Villa

I got a chance to revisit this place recently after my last visit which was like 20 years back, ok I admit is 30 years ago. It used to be free entrance until some years back they decided to make it into a theme park and charge at rocket high fees but luckily it was not a success and they pull out of the villa. Now it is re-open with FREE entrance, but I have to say, the inside look abit rugged and dirty but then what to complain since it’s free.

I went with my family and it was not a planned trip; just that we happen to be around that area and no where else to go. Despite that I was real excited about it, it was like meeting my childhood sweetheart again; it was one of the famous places that we use to go when we were kids.


The first of the 18th level King of Hells.

I saw that the MRT next to it is about to be finish, does that means that they are going to put an entrance fees to it soon since I’m sure it will generate crowds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment